Does a weed or insect have you perplexed? Want to know the best time to plant vegetables or which shrubs or perennials will thrive in your yard? If so, it is time to ask a Master Gardener! Master Gardeners are trained Cooperative Extension volunteers willing to share their time and expertise to help you garden more successfully.
Pender County Extension Master Gardener Volunteers will be available to answer your gardening questions during the following upcoming events:
- March 26 & 27, Poplar Grove Herb and Garden Fair, $5 admission, http://www.poplargrove.com/herb_fair.htm
- April 14, 15, 16, Master Gardener Plant Sale, Pender Cooperative Extension, 801 S. Walker St. Burgaw - http://pender.ces.ncsu.edu/content/2011PlantSale
- The 2nd Wed. of each month April - Oct., 9am - 1pm, at the Poplar Grove Farmer's Market, http://www.poplargrove.com/farmers_market.htm
- The 3rd Mon. of each month April - Oct., 10am - 1pm, at the Hampstead Library
- April 30, 10am - 3pm, Pender County Earth Day Celebration, Poplar Grove Plantation, http://www.penderearthday.org/
Find out more about Master Gardener Volunteers, including how you can become one, from the Pender Cooperative Extension website: http://pender.ces.ncsu.edu/index.php?page=news&ci=LAWN+121.